Friday 18 September 2015

Getting there

I have been away in Italy looking at robots and more importantly the people that operate them. This is for a possible commission…. Now home again I am determined to get this sculpture looking right. I remember when doing my 100 DAY series where each carving needed to be completed in a single day that there were some carvings that struck me as awful half way through the day. What was interesting was how often it was possible to rescue the situation. I think had I not decided to exhibit all 100 carvings I might well have given up on some. Although I have felt wobbly about this carving I am pushing through to the end and am beginning to feel that it may be worthwhile after all. The carving is very difficult to get looking neat as there are places inside that are very hard to reach.

IMG_0935 - Copy

No comments:

Post a Comment