Monday 16 February 2015

Twizzling pillar

I have been so enjoying the twist on the rings I have decided to employ the same twist on a simple vertical form. I thought of various alternative shapes. I was tempted to give the form some ‘belly’, but in the end withdrew from such a move towards figuration, opting instead for a form that simply gets a little more slender as it rises. We shall see if it is interesting or not. Sometimes the only way to be sure is to make a sculpture. There is always a gap between the imagined idea and the reality; the question is, how big a gap?The sculpture is standing vertically in the picture in order to drill the hole on top. I now have all my Portuguese marble in the yard. Nigel and Rich who farm next door helped me to unload the two last blocks. They are wonderful neighbours. Thank you both.

IMG_0352

No comments:

Post a Comment