Tuesday 23 July 2013

Is it Fibonacci?

Someone asked me recently if my work was about Fibonacci? Perhaps they were thinking of Peter Randall page who uses him as a major source of inspiration. I dismissed the question outright as he has never been in my thoughts. Then on thinking about it further, the current series is involving the repetition of the same shaped forms. I don’t think this is quite Fibonacci related but there is something none the less. Perhaps he had an uncle who repeated natural shapes but was no good at maths? I have set aside the last of the circular shapes and begun a new wobbling upwards form. The sculpture itself does not yet make very interesting viewing so here is a photo of ideas on a block. Ideas that all relate to Fibonacci’s uncle.IMG_0213

No comments:

Post a Comment