Monday 1 July 2013

Circular tower

I know this does not look much like a circular tower yet, but I have a long way to go. I shall shape both sides of the piece before cutting into the middle. I hope that in the end the almond shaped segments will join together quite delicately. I want lots of air through the centre. I am really enjoying this new series and feeling very positive about this new direction that has emerged. I never know where I am heading and only ever plan one sculpture in advance. Ideas on paper do not always translate to marble and three dimensions. This makes planning the future difficult as I do not know where the work will lead me. In the past I have thought of this like walking through a wood on a little path. The path wanders on but you cannot see far ahead, far into the future.

IMG_0139

No comments:

Post a Comment