Monday 1 April 2013

Bumps and hollows

“Why does it matter dad, no one else will notice that there is a little bump”? Actually I am far from a perfectionist but paying attention to detail is something that I have been working on. I know that if I let the sculpture go out into the world with that little bump then it will catch my eye whenever I see it.Worse; it is the only thing that will catch my eye. Perhaps this all has nothing to do with perfectionism but is just about me trying to live an easy life and to sleep well at night. So now I am at that point where I am ironing out those little problems. For instance you can see in the picture that there is a slight kink in the edge by the post. This is the result of having to work with that steel in the way. This piece needs to look like a section of bubble billowing in the landscape. Bubbles do not have kinks!

IMG_0352 - Copy

No comments:

Post a Comment