Monday 19 November 2012

Wind and Rain!

A wild day here in Cornwall. My flapping tarpaulin keeping most of the rain out but I still came in a bit soggy. The carving is progressing well however and I am curious to see how it looks when I stand it up. I will have to get some stainless steel pins to float the stone off its base. They will glue into holes underneath. I am wondering about not working the sides as the undulations of the strata of the onyx follow their own line and it might look odd if I were to straighten it out as it would mean cutting in and out of that strata. I think I will wait to decide on this until I can stand the work upright. Perhaps because I have never worked this stone before I find it hard to ‘see’ the piece finished and am not at all sure if it will work…

IMG_6932

No comments:

Post a Comment