Tuesday, 13 November 2012

A new blog and a new series of sculpture

This is all new to me. Writing a blog. Perhaps it is like starting a new series of sculpture. Difficult. Actually the hardest part is the starting and then things start to come more easily. Anyway we shall see. This is a good time to start however as I have just had a delivery of marble and onyx from Portugal and am beginning to work on it. The blocks are all lying around on pallets waiting. I have a page full of drawings but I am sure that the stone will lead me in new directions once the work is really underway. I have been organising this series for a while and am really ready to get going on it.

IMG_6847

The block I am working on is marble. The block under the drill is green onyx. The colours underneath are amazing and all hidden at the moment by dust and years of lying around.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog .This is a cool site and I wanted to post a little note to tell you, good job! Best wishes!!!
    Green Onyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article and great knowledge about Green Onyx. I love this story and enjoy with your words!

    ReplyDelete